In 1999 a group of dedicated Muslims came together with the vision of establishing a sports club in the heart of Bankstown, which caters for the youth in the area.
After a large quantity of hard work and effort which was put into forming the sports club, which also resulted in extensive research a name for the club was agreed upon. Spears Sports Club was formed and registered as a non-profitable organisation.
The name Spears was one of the suggestions which came from the founder and famous noteworthy organisation the Islamic Charity Projects Association which is located in Winspear Ave, Bankstown.
Spears Sports Club is currently affiliated and actively participating in tournaments within the following New South Wales Parents Associations:
- 1- Bankstown District Amateur Football Association.
- 2- The Bankstown City Netball Association.
- 3- The NSW Karate Federation.
- 4- NSW Table Tennis Association.
- 1To demonstrate the methodology of the pioneering role in bringing the youth of tomorrow together.
- 2To instil in the Muslim Youth the goodness that yield benefits to the Australian community.
- 3To nurturing and training Muslim youth, encouraging their talents and Skills in various sporting activities.
- 4To accommodate the youth in a safer and social environment.
- 5To support any project that delivers greater good to the wider local community.
- 6To build avenues of integrating and contributing to a harmonious environment within Australia.
- 7To enhance the image of the Islamic youth, enriches their commitment to Australian society and provides inspiration to others in terms of their moderate Islamic direction.
- 8To increase the standard of the Club performance through encouraging Parents to participate in coaching and umpiring courses at every sport code that the club adopts.